So, you're ready to add some glam and colors to your all white, Scandinavian décor. But just how do you take the first step of changing from a minimalist style into a room sparkling with global cultures?
Here are 5 tips from décor experts to hold your hands through this transition -
1. Use ethnic elements as accents to juxtapose interior styles, or to add focal points in rooms. You can certainly start from sneaking in a few subtle pieces - or, to take the bold approach, pick one statement item and let it change the game.
2. If you opt for a piece-meal change, start from patterned fabrics or tiles.
3. By adding unusual small items, such as a centerpiece bowl or a pendant lamp, you can make an ordinary spot enchanting.
4. When taking the bold approach and looking for a drastic change, don't forget to find a unifying elements among all objects - color is usually the best way to do this.
5. Above all, always buy from the heart rather than because something is "on-trend". The pieces that evoke an emotional response in your heart can survive many style shake-ups.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
The modern day Chinoiserie has evolved into this highly versatile element - it blends in with both minimalism and maximalism, and works with bold and subdue color schemes alike.
2017 is the year to go green. A versatile color in home decor, green makes a surprisingly neutral backdrop with just the right amount of fun.